10 days in the North

MJR created the topic: 10 days in the North

I'm in Lilongwe with work in early Sept and can get about 10-11 days free when I finish. I'd love to see some of the North of Mozambique. Thought about heading from Lilongwe via Mangochi over to Cuamba and then catching a train to Nampula. Would I have enough time to see Mozambique Island and maybe some of the coast ???? Parque Nacioanl des quirimbas. I would fly out of Nampula back to Jo'berg.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

mozman replied the topic: 10 days in the North

Hi MJR
And welcome,to Mozguide. Yes 10 days enough but note that it will be 2 days, perhaps 3 Cuamba train schedule dependent from Lilongwe to Nampula. I would not try to fit in the Quirimbas but rather,spend 3 days on Ilha,de Mocambique then 3 days in Pemba then back to Nampula for your flight. In Nampula and Ilha stay at Ruby backpackers www.themozambiqueisland.com/
And for Pemba go to Pemba Dive BushCamp www.pembadivecamp.com/ and tell Brenda that I sent you.

Also go to: www.facebook.com/groups/606025329524125/ and post your query there.

search this forum for Cuamba train,for lots of essential advice.

Mike

MJR replied the topic: 10 days in the North

Thx, Mike. Appreciate it. This may be a dumb question, but can you get from Pemba to Mozambique Island by boat???

mozman replied the topic: 10 days in the North

Hi again

no scheduled boat trips. You can hire a ski-boat but VERY expensive. Quicker and easier (but less exciting) is by bus.

Mike

chloemn1 replied the topic: 10 days in the North

It would be nice trip. Did you manage to visit all that places?

Scroll to top