Camping sites recommended

Malachite created the topic: Camping sites recommended

Good day,

Intend travelling with 2 vehicles and off-road caravans through Moz from Nyamapanda border post in Zim to Zobue to enter Malawi in September. Can anyone recommend camping sites near Tete on the EN103 for a stop-over? If I read between the lines, Tete is not really the best place to stay over.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

mozman replied the topic: Re: Camping sites recommended

[attachment:1]C:\fakepath\Multotec overlanders campsite Moatize 001 resized.jpg[/attachment]
Hi

Tete can be quite intimidating for the traveller and note that the bridge over the Zambezi can be very congested going towards Moatize (Malawi) from around 1500 - 1800, and in the opposite direction (towards Zim) in the morning from 0600 - 0900. New bridge downsteam due to open mid 2014.

I don't recommend the "Jesus e Bom" rustic campsite on the opposite bank to Tete city, but here is an option, not sure if it is entirely functional but contact Thinus to confirm:

Thinus Kruger <This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.>
14 Apr

to me
Hi Mike
Thanks for your mail.
Mike we are still getting the place in order this side. We had a bit of a set back with the floods we had.
Mike because myself being a serious 4x4 traveller. I saw my way open when we purchased land up here for our factory. To start an camp on the remains of our property.
It will be just a place to overnight safely, braai, get cleaned up and to charge batteries and get things sorted again. I will even be able to assist with minor repairs in our workshop.
Unfortunately our swimming pool got damaged with the floods as well, but we will have it sorted within the next month, and the our visitors will have the use of it also.
Hour ablutions is not ready yet, but I am given the guys my house to use for shower and things.
The Coordinates is S16 07.013 E33 41.871, and my contact details is bellow.

Attached is two photos of the Camping area.
We are looking at $10.00 per person per night. It is more a contribution to our Camp to get everything sorted nicely for the guys.
Hope we will see you guys soon?

Regards

Multotec Logo - Portrait 2011 - you mine Thinus Kruger
Regional Manager-East Africa
Multotec Services Mozambique Limitada
Multotec (Pty) Ltd
Tel: +27 (11) 923 6039
Fax: +27 (11) 394 8701
Mobile: +27 (71) 687 6750
Mobile Moz: +258 840649544
+258 829520344
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Email:moz@multotec.co.za

Attachment MultotecoverlanderscampsiteMoatize001resized.jpg not found

Attachment MultotecoverlandcampsiteMoatize002resized.jpg not found

Attachments:

mozman replied the topic: Re: Camping sites recommended

Forgot to mention that the Multotec campsite is not in Tete but about 19km from the Tete bridge on the RHS just before you get to Moatize town.

Mike

Malachite replied the topic: Re: Camping sites recommended

Hi people,

Really appreciate your speedy response and I willl definetely make use of the information provided if it all fits into our planning.

Scroll to top