Train from Cuamba

johnsko created the topic: Train from Cuamba

I am hoping to take the train from Cuamba to Nampula in mid-July. As others have noted there seems to be very little information available. I have been told that the train leaves Cuamba early Thursday morning. Any information about the time? I have heard that some trains have first or executive class. Any information about how often trains have these cars? Finally I have been told that it's better to buy tickets the day before. Any information about when the ticket office closes the day before the train leaves or whether it's possible to buy the morning of departure? Thanks for any relevant information or suggestions where to get it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

mozman replied the topic: Train from Cuamba

Hi there
My info is that there are trains Nampula to Cuamba on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays and Cuamba to Nampula Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays. Apparently the Executive coaches do not run every day, but no certainty when.

Yes it is better to buy tickets the day before, but there can be a big crowd at the ticket office to try to arrange for a local to purchase on your behalf.

More info here:

cdn.co.mz/en/passengers-transport/

Go well

Mike

johnsko replied the topic: Train from Cuamba

I have tried to call the office at the number on that web site but never succeeded in getting anyone who had information. Usually there is no answer at all. What is the source of your information? I have heard different days from others but never consistent :(

mozman replied the topic: Train from Cuamba

Hi again

Trains depart Cuamba (and Nampula) at 0600. I would be at the station by 0500. Watch out for pickpockets, thieves and con-artists. See: www.fahrplancenter.com/CFM%20Horarios%20Norte.html

Mike

Scroll to top