Lilongwe to Pemba

torres replied the topic: Re: Lilongwe to Pemba

Mike, thanks for the imformation. We are traveling at the end of April. By train is the only way to arrive to Nampula from Cuamba? I will read now the information of train

Thanks again

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

mozman replied the topic: Re: Lilongwe to Pemba

There are sometimes chapa taxis (minibuses and pick-up trucks) and buses doing this route but there is a detour to Alto Molocue, or sometimes even via Gurue as the Ribaue to Nampula section is in very bad condition, often impassable in the rains.

The rains usually end in N Mozambique by end May, so April there may be only the train doing this route, and that is if the floods do not damage the line.

Mike

Thanks again. If very complicated this way. Its posible go to Tete from lusaka or Harare by public bus? And in Tete take a fligth to Nampula or Pemba?

No direct flights Tete to Nampula or Pemba. You could get to Beira then fly Beira - Nampula (stop-over) - Pemba. But as I suggested previously, I would take bus Lilongwe - Blantyre - Milange / Mulanje - Mocuba - Nampula etc. A nice route. You can do Mulanje to Nampula in a day.

Mike

Hi, is possible make that route in 5 days.? Because I depart on May 1 from Lusaka or Harare , and we must stay in Pemba on May 5

Thanks Again

Using public transport, Lilongwe to Pemba via Mulanje, Mocuba and Nampula should take you 4 days, 3 days if you are lucky.

Try to get from Lilongwe to Mocuba in one day. Possible if you are willing to use whatever transport is available from Mulanje to Mocuba. Overnight in Mocuba and then take first bus to Nampula and you may even be able to get to Pemba.

Mike

Scroll to top