Blantyre to Maputo then Maputo to Dar es Salaam

Martin! replied the topic: Re: Blantyre to Maputo then Maputo to Dar es Salaam

Well Mike, mine seems to be valid for 90 (noventa) days though. The border police entered a hand-written date a month from entry as well, but that has no legal grounds. Fortunately my potugese is well enough to explain that to them and get away with it!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

mozman replied the topic: Re: Blantyre to Maputo then Maputo to Dar es Salaam

Martin,
Have you been in Moz longer than 30 days already? Unless the regulations have changed, you will have to exit Mozambique every 30 days. We encountered this problem with Nick North who was running through the length of Mozambique in 2011. He had a 6 month multiple entry visa and we tried to extend it after 30 days at Migracao in Nampula, but there was absolutely no way that this could be done.

I hope you don't have problems along the way.

Mike

Martin! replied the topic: Re: Blantyre to Maputo then Maputo to Dar es Salaam

No I have not, I'm in Malawi at the moment. But the Visa issued is type E3 tourist, "Autorizado a permanecer pelo periodo de Noventa dias a partir da dia de entrada" I don't give a rat's ass what people at the border tell me as it is issued by an embassy, which outranks them all.
People at the embassy are very friendly, too.

I also managed to retain the TIP, which is valid for a month. I'm curious if I can get away with that one, too.

ZoeD replied the topic: Re: Blantyre to Maputo then Maputo to Dar es Salaam

Hi Mike,

Thanks for all the info.

Good to know I should be able to get a bus all that way too.

Just to clarify, if I get a 30 day visa at a land border entry I should be able to extend it for another 30 days at a larger town in Moz?

I was hoping to be there around 6 -8 weeks!

Thanks,

Zoe

mozman replied the topic: Re: Blantyre to Maputo then Maputo to Dar es Salaam

Hi Zoe
yes border visas can be extended but make sure you go to Migracao at least 3 days before expiry as they can still be obstructive. The smaller towns are often easier than the provincial capitals.

Hi Martin
Yes Nick's visa said 180 days but it was made very clear to by the head of Migracao for Nampula Province that All visas must be extended every 30 days. Both Nick and I speak good Portuguese.

Anyway no business of mine
Mike

ZoeD replied the topic: Re: Blantyre to Maputo then Maputo to Dar es Salaam

Excellent, thanks. I'll be trying renew it in a smaller town by the looks of it anyway.

Thanks

Scroll to top