Nelspruit to Maputo

simonec created the topic: Nelspruit to Maputo

hi everyone,
i already booked a safari in Kruger.. ends in Nelspruit.

i'd like to avoid to come back to joh'burg to take the night bus to maputo.
is it easy to find mini bus or shared van from nelspruit to maputo?
and what's the cost p.p. approx?

thanks.
simone

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

mozman replied the topic: Nelspruit to Maputo

Hello Simone

thanks for the question and apologies for the slow reply.

There are quite a lot of minibuses heading for the Lebombo / Ressano Garcia border, some carry on direct to Maputo, some will drop you at the border and you walk through and catch a chapa minibus on the Moz side to Maputo. The Intercape and Greyhound buses also do Nelspruit to Maputo but charge you around R300 which is almost the same as Joburg to Maputo! I would look up www.funkymonkeys.co.za backpackers and ask them for advice:
el: +27 (0) 13 744 1310
Cell: +27 (0) 83 310 4755

102 Van Wijk Street
Nelspruit

For further info and availability Contact Lorna by email so we can discuss your needs: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Go well and keep us informed. More info needed, feel free to ask.

Mike

Here is the reply I got (immediately, I have been slow in posting) from Lorna of www.funkymonkeys.co.za

"Hi there!
The Greyhound, InterCape & Translux buses run daily between 11am & 13.30pm. There is also the Cheetha express shuttle as well as mini bus taxi's...
So, there will be no problem for her to get between the 2 cities!!!"

Thanks Lorna

Mike

MrChubbyShuttles replied the topic: Nelspruit to Maputo

Hi there,

We run a daily shuttle service from Nelspruit to Maputo and vice versa, we stop at Medi Clinic, Riverside Mall, ILanga and Kruger International Airport (on request). Check out our website www.mrchubbyshuttles.com or contact us on RSA +27 (0)74 329 9114 or MOZ (+258) 84 379 3909

Cheers

Thanks Mr Chubby

I see that your first trip was on August 21 this year (2014), and that you charge R290 one-way. I see to that KLCBT is www.klcbt.co.za/

It concerns me that there are no "Terms and Conditions" on your website. Please supply full details of the fllowing (from your website): "All our vehicles have the required Public Operating Licences and Permits including Cross Border Permits"

What do you advise your clients regarding obtaining a visa at the border?

Mike

MrChubbyShuttles replied the topic: Nelspruit to Maputo

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your reply. Yes we are a new company. We have a link on our bookings tab with terms and conditions. Yes we have a cross border permit from CBRTA and the drivers all have valid PDPs. As for visas at the border I would really recommend that passengers obtain all relevant visas at the embassy prior to traveling. I believe only citizens of countries that don't have Mozambican embasies or consulates can obtain visas at certain border posts on arrival with certain conditions I stand to be corrected. Most SADC citizens don't need a visa to enter Mozambique I think the exceptions are Angola, Namibia, Seycheles and DRC. Please dont hesitate to contact me for any further information.

Scroll to top