Tete to Vilankulos

Eik created the topic: Tete to Vilankulos

Good day.

Can anyone please guide me onto the right direction as to how to travel from Tete to Vilankulos, cheaper than to fly with LAM, cause to fly with LAM is just way too expensive via Maputo. The starting point is actually Mfuwe in Zambia, but to get from there to Tete will probably not be too difficult.

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

mozman replied the topic: Tete to Vilankulos

Hi
Right now the way to go is to fly. This is because of the continued attacks by Renamo bandits between Muxungue and Save a couple of hundred kilometers north of Vilanculos. If you are prepared to risk the armed convoy, there are daily buses departing at 0400 Tete to Chimoio where you overnight perhaps at Pink Papaya then catch next morning bus to Vilanculos. See too my answer to the query about alternative public transport between Vilanculos and the Zimbabwe border by bus.

Enjoy your travels

Mike

Eik replied the topic: Tete to Vilankulos

Thank you for the reply. I am hoping the tensions will lower in the next couple of weeks. Which busses are those that depart from Tete to Chimoio? TCO I heard closed and LTM doesn't seem to have a lot on their website. Nagi Investmentos doesn't even have a website? Thank you in advance...

Hi again
Apologies for the slow reply. Bus companies open and close like a bar door in a strong wind so what I do is just to be at the bus terminus at 0400 and to ask around for "transport comfortavel e seguro". What company is best changes every day too so get there and make the decision on the spot.

Mike

Eik replied the topic: Tete to Vilankulos

Ok thank you for the reply.

Would it be a wise idea to drive with a private car instead? What is the situation at Muxungue?

Thank you

Hi again

private car a good idea if you have all documents and paperwork and can anticipate the dangers of bad drivers, livestock, pedestrains, corrupt cops etc but mostly no hassles at all. Seems Renamo have laid down arms, for now and Muxungue - Save convoy no problems for two weeks, so good news there too. Situation overall much calmer in Moz, but remains unpredictable.

Mike

Scroll to top