TRAVEL ADVICE // Lebombo to Xai-Xai Eco Estate

MellyMoo created the topic: TRAVEL ADVICE // Lebombo to Xai-Xai Eco Estate

Greetings,
Firstly, I am new to this site -- and as thus, I apologise in advance if this question has been raised before (tried looking but couldn't find anything current)

We (2 families) travelling to Moz in January 17. One family driving a normal sedan vehicle (Toyota Etios); One family driving a Mitsubishi 4x4, pulling a trailer.

Travelling through Komatipoort to Lebombo border and onto Xai-Xai.
Received and seen so many conflicting reports on road conditions on route.

The first route: Moamba 251 / 570 / 405. As per last map I've found of this route, it is all gravel and rough to travel on --- is this correct??
The second route: EN4 (route 253) / EN 1 (Avenida de Mocambique) / 1 / 253 / Rua de Marginal .... heard that this is the better route to travel as its tar. We have been advised by owner of house that the last stretch on Rua de Marginal is dirt road, but its a hard, compacted road and that we shouldn't experience any problems.
But does this route go THROUGH Maputo??? Heard something about a 'ring road' but haven't managed to find out too much about exactly where this is either.
Don't particularly want to travel through Maputo (if at all possible).

But clearly we do need to travel on a tar road ........... so any and all advice will be taken to heart and appreciated, please :)

Many thanks in advance.

regards
Mel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

mozman replied the topic: TRAVEL ADVICE // Lebombo to Xai-Xai Eco Estate

Hi Mel and welcome to Mozguide

A very good question as the options have been changing regularly lately. No you certainly do not need yo go through Maputo. Over the past few years a by-pas circular ring road has been built. You turn off the N.4 about 66km from Ressano Garcia just after you cross the Rio Matola river bridge. The challenge right now is that the link to the N.4 is still under construction so it can be a little confusing. The DriveMoz group in Facebook is an excellent community with a huge support base and lots of essential info and advice. So I highly recommend you join DriveMoz and take advantage of their offerings such as Zello, stickers, advice files and of course thousands of like minded Moz lovers. Here is a link to the ring road map:
lookaside.fbsbx.com/file/RingRoadNoMaput...Ptf2hDHZG0wOdgFmNWkw

Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Scroll to top