Pafuri to Vilanculos (Limpopo drift crossing)

mozman replied the topic: Re: Pafuri to Vilanculos

Hi

As at 0900, 12/12/2012, Pafuri border police confirm "no water at all in the Limpopo". When it does arrive, be sure that mozguiders will be the first to know.

Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

16 December 2012. Just off the phone to Mapai and to the Pafuri Police who both say that the Limpopo is not yet flowing at these places. So for the time being, crossings still no problem at all.

Mapai is under strict instructions to let me know just as soon as the water arrives.

Mike

BS1601 replied the topic: Re: Pafuri to Vilanculos

Mike thanx for the update flying back to pta tomorrow moring wil pack an leave for pafuri planning on crossing limpopo during the course of the 19 th. if it is possible will you get an update close to the time.

Just to confirm i can enter at punda maria and go straight to pafuri not like at giriyondo where you need to stay one night?

Anybody that sees me on route please feel free to say howzit.

Regrds

Barry

Hi Barry

The overnight booking regulation applies equally to Giriyondo and Pafuri, so email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and cc This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. to book a night at Nhampfule camp. You only have to pay when you enter PNL at the Mapai gate.

And yes a report back from the Limpopo, hopefully once you have crossed will be great. When on the Moz side at Pafuri try to buy a Movitel SIM and some airtime as Movitel covers this part of Moz well.

Go well

Mike

Forgot to say that if you only get a reply from PNL re Nhampfule on the 19th, no problem you can show the booking confirmation on your laptop or cellphone at Punda Maria Gate.

The only other complication I foresee is that the day visitor limit at Punda Maria Gate is reached but you should be able to talk your way through if you have the Nhampfule booking.

Mike

janamath replied the topic: Re: Pafuri to Vilanculos

Would like to know if there is anybody else on the forum that are planning this route on the 27 Dec. Would be great to meet up with somebody.

Scroll to top