Pafuri to Vilanculos (Limpopo drift crossing)

BS1601 replied the topic: Re: Pafuri to Vilanculos

HI 70km from pafuri will give update as soon as possible. Mike if you want you can email me your sel and i can text you EMAIL DELETED BY ME, MIKE
Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

mozman replied the topic: Re: Pafuri to Vilanculos

Hi all and thanks Barry.

This post was 5 hours ago, so all things being equal, with an hour to get to Pafuri, an hour through the border and 3 hours to Mapai Rio (Limpopo crossing point), Barry should be close to the crossing right now. No cellphone signal until he gets to Sao Jorge do Limpopo (more accurately called Mapai Estação), so perhaps we will have to wait a while.

Will post Barry's on-the-spot Limpopo drift crossing report immediately that I get it.

Mike

mozman replied the topic: Re: Pafuri to Vilanculos (Limpopo drift crossing)

Hi Barry

just in case you have been trying to sms me, remember I am in SA so if using a Moz sim add 00 27 the 72 etc

Mike

Hi

No word yet from Barry. Either he is stuck on a sandbank in the middle of the Limpopo sipping on a Dois Em, or he is a victim of the erratic comms in that part of Mozambique.

Mike

PJN replied the topic: Re: Pafuri to Vilanculos (Limpopo drift crossing)

Just spoke to Barry. He is at a community campsite just past Mapai. He crossed the Limpopo with out any problems. He said his running boards didn't get wet. There is almost no water in the river. He'll give me feedback tomorrow afternoon when he reaches Vilanculo about the +-390km he has to travel to Vilanculo.

We leave PTA around 12 tomorrow and will go through Pafuri Friday morning. Will give feedback aswell

Petri

Thanks Petri and Barry

that's good news. Of course this is no guarantee for Limpopo crossings as the river is certainly starting to flow, if very weak at the moment so I will continue to send updates from Mapai and from Pafuri police.

Mike

Scroll to top