We are a couple that want to visit mozambique. We are short of time and we only stay there 10 days. We were wondering if inhaca island is worth to visit or due to our shortness of time we could skip it. Another think that worries us is how to arrive to Pomene, since we would like to visit this beautiful park and do some activities around.
Ten days is long enough to enjoy some of the best places in Mozambique. Yes I would skip Inhaca Island, and I agree that Pomene is one of the nicest beaches I have ever been to (and I have been to many beaches all around Africa and the rest of the world).
So may I first ask a few questions in order for me to be able to give advice that matches your budget and your expectations and needs:
1) What is your budget (in US$) per day?
2) Will you be traveling in your own (or a rental) vehicle? If yes, will it be a 4x4?
3) What activities would you like to engage in? Scuba diving, snorkelling, surfing, bird watching, culture, wildlife etc?
4) Where are you traveling from?
5) How will you arrive in Mozambique - by air or overland?