× Use this forum to raise any defects, issues or suggestions with the new site

Site back up

chikoto created the topic: Site back up

Hi

The MozGuide.com forum went down in November 2013 due to an issue with the hosting provider changing the underlying PHP version.
We've now rebuilt the site on the newer version and imported all the old site content.

If you had logged into the forum in 2012 or 2013 then we will have migrated your previous login details which shouldn't have changed, you should be able to use the Request my password feature to have this resent to you.

We haven't added any new features to the site and not all modules have been upgraded. This means that you may find some articles with characters like "{" in them, please help us spot these by raising a defect in this category.

The site should function as normal now, please let us know of any issues.
I'd also be interested in hearing from any Joomla designers or developers who'd be looking for contract work, please PM me

regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

chikoto replied the topic: Site back up

I see the site is getting a lot of spam forum posts so will temporarily suspend posting and addd a Captcha feature

chikoto replied the topic: Site back up

Hi all

I've now enabled a Captcha to help stop the forum spam. I personally don't really like these Captcha functions and find them a bit annoying but unfortunately it's needed to stop the automated spam bots posting. Once you've registered and made a few posts it's set not to be required any more for frequent visitors.

Will monitor over the next few days, please let me know of any problems.

Scroll to top