South to North Drive or Fly?

Preggie created the topic: South to North Drive or Fly?

• Preggie
  • Preggie's Avatar Topic Author

Hi Mike

Our family is planning a trip to Moz this December. Roughly from 23 Dec till the 2 Jan.
Ideally we'd like to spend some time in the South and North of the country.

Would you advise driving from Maputo to Pemba or Flying? I'm mostly concerned about the state of the roads...although I definitely think it would be a lot cheaper considering there's 5 of us!?

Also what cities would you recommend visiting in the North if we're looking for some art and culture education?... as we would probably be inundated with beautiful beaches throughout :)

Regards
Preggie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

mozman replied the topic: South to North Drive or Fly?

My first response is to advise you to stay away from Moz south of Beira during any SA school holiday period. South Africans away from home often lose what manners they may normally display closer to the nearest dominee or scout master.

You will anyway not have nearly enough time to cover both the north and the south, and most lodges may already be fully booked.

For art and culture I would focus on Maputo and Inhambane.

For a family of 5 and a beautiful beach I think that www.casademar.co.za or www.pontamorrungulo.co.za or Pomene Lodge: www.barraresorts.com would be great!

For Casa de Mar and Pomene you will need a 4x4.

If you want to visit the Pemba region you will certainly need to fly - 4x4 hire is available from there look up www.kaskazini.com

Mike

Preggie replied the topic: South to North Drive or Fly?

• Preggie
  • Preggie's Avatar Topic Author

Hey Mike
Thanks for the reply.
Given me a lot to think about.
preggie

Scroll to top