New Projects in Bilene

cocuana0 replied the topic: New Projects in Bilene

• cocuana0
  • cocuana0's Avatar Topic Author

The best way to see Bilene and surrounding areas is by quad bike, preferably 4x4 quad as I did, the local constabulary are very tolerant towards quadders, provided they behave themselves, ( unfortunately many quad riders, mostly South Africans, behaved like holligans by using the main road, which runs parrallel to the lagoon beach as a drag strip and also by performing wheelies.

The lagoon is a perfect playground for jetskis, windsurfers, skiers and wakeboarders. It is also very safe for families with young children, especially when the canal is open, (closed at present).

Accommodation: O Capital (run by a S. African couple) as 13 2 people flats with DSTv and aircon but not self catering at very reasonable prices, it also has it's own restaurant.

Across the road is Pousada de Sao Martinho with 2 bedroomed chalets some with DSTv and aircon and are selfcatering. These 2 places are about 10 mins walk from the beach.

There are quite a few on the beachfront, some selfcatering others not at varying prices and luxury.

Across the lagoon is an up-market resort built on the sand dunes facing the lagoon, not self catering but with an exellent resaurant. They will ferry people across, free of charge if you stay there or if you wish to eat at the resataurant, pricey but very good food.

My favorite restaurant is the Aquarius, good seafood and good service at acceptable prices.

All the above mentioned establishments accept rands.

Regards Tony

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

mozman replied the topic: New Projects in Bilene

Thanks for that info, Tony, don't get to Bilene as much as I should these days.

Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Scroll to top