buying land

sarahw created the topic: buying land

• sarahw
  • sarahw's Avatar Topic Author

Hi
I am heading down to Mozambique shortly and was thnking of buying some land - not neccesarily for development purposes. I was looking at the extreme north of Mozambique near to the border with Tanzania. Can you give me any advice on where to look; potential cost; and how to go about finding out if the land is for sale? I live in Africa so spending time going backwards and forwards to Mozambique to sort out paperwork etc should not be so much of a problem. Thanks Sarah

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

mozman replied the topic: buying land

First point, all land is owned by state in Moz. You can get a 50 year lease for tourism purposes.

Email me: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

blueanchorinn replied the topic: buying land

• blueanchorinn

Hi Mike,

I think that it is important to note that running things remote control is very difficult. Although we were given permission to occupy our concession within 2 years, it took us 14 years to get the lease agreement or title as it is referred to.

Nigel Hallowes
Blue Anchor Inn

mozman replied the topic: buying land

Yep, but things are a little more effient now, and 'their' delays can sometimes be a great advantage.

Mike

Scroll to top