Blantyre to Tete/Chimoio

mozman replied the topic: Re: Blantyre to Tete/Chimoio

Hi again

thanks for the info. good to see that Intercape is now getting up to Beira. Plans are for Intercape routes to Tete and all the way to Pemba soon. How did you book the Intercape bus?

Any rain in your area?

Enjoy the rest of Mozambique

Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mancinelli replied the topic: Re: Blantyre to Tete/Chimoio

Is there any chance to go from Blantyre to Chimoio without going through Tete but Nsanje (in the very south of Malawi) instead? Not necessarily in one day.
Thanks

Yes, possible, but not really practical, especially during the rainy season (December to May). The road from Nsanje to Mutarara is often flooded, and does not have a lot of public transport. You would have to walk across the Dona Ana bridge over the Zambezi to Sena, then catch transport to Caia from where it would be easy to get transport to Chimoio. So Blantyre to Chimoio minimum two days but probably three.

Mike

Pawel replied the topic: Re: Blantyre to Tete/Chimoio

Hi Mike!

me and my friends, group of 10, are going to travel from Blantyre to Vilanculos November 2013. From previous posts I know more about the part of the trip - to Chimoio, but nothing about the rest of the trip.

1. how long (approximatelly) will the trip from Chimoio to Vilanculos take? How do you assume, the entire trip (Blanyre - Vilanculos) will take?

2. are there public (or private) busses available? What are the rates?

3. What are your recommendations with regards to accomodation along the road? Do you know how much can it cost?

Pawel

Hi

and welcome to mozguide.

There are quite a lot of buses that do the trip Chimoio to Vilanculos daily. You pay at the bus and pre-bookings are not possible. Buses depart when full, but first buses leave before 0500. The fare is about MT1000 or $30, but some buses cost more, some less.

Make sure you don't get on a bus going via Beira.

Chimoio - Inchope - Vilanculos by bus takes about 8-9hrs depending on how long the Muxungue - Vila Franca do Save takes.

There are no Blantyre to Chimoio direct buses so most travelers overnight in Tete where good rooms are very expensive but I can recommend:
Casa de Hospedes Torino, Tete: Helga + 82 574 7110 or + 84 481 9707, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
and Paraiso do Zambeze, no contact. Both within walking distance of the bus terminus.

Search this form for Blantyre Tete us for more info.

So 3 days Blantyre to Vilanculos but you could get lucky and find a vehicle going Tete to Chimoio if you get to Tete around midday.

Mike

Scroll to top