bus Beira - Quelimane

LauraElina created the topic: bus Beira - Quelimane

Hi everyone,

I'd like to ask about the bus from Beira to Quelimane; I've been told that there is a bus every day and it leaves at 4.30 a.m. (!).

My questions are, does anyone know where in Beira does it leave? How much does it approximately cost and where I can buy the tickets?

Moreover, I'm arriving in Beira (by plane) in the afternoon and I would like to take the bus next morning; do you think that's feasible or will the bus be fully booked?

Oh and while I'm at it, a minor question; what's the best way to get from the Beira airport to the town?

Thanks in advance!
Laura

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

mozman replied the topic: Re: bus Beira - Quelimane

Hi Laura
I was in Beira 2 months ago and took a taxi to town for $20 but you could walk to the main road a few it hundred metres from the airport as chapa mini bus taxis pass by and would cost Mt40 $1.20 to town.

There is an ATM at the airport so get some cash there first.

Long distance buses leave from the chaotic Terminus on Avenida Samora Machel. close to town centre from 0400 every morning when full. About Mt700 to Quelimane. Tickets at the bus and No bookings possible but you may be able to buy a ticket on the afternoon before.

Where will you be staying as that could be the best source of advice.

Mike

LauraElina replied the topic: Re: bus Beira - Quelimane

Hi Mike and thank you so much for your reply!

You're right; I, too, thought of asking at my hotel when I get there but wanted to get an idea in beforehand. Perhaps I'll just write them and ask more.

Thank you also for the information about ATM at the airport; I have been trying to figure out how much cash I should carry with me in order to get started at least!

And another question came into my mind just now - off topic but I'll ask anyway: I'm coming from Europe and I've seen on the web that the power socket might be the same as in Europe but should I take some adapter with me anyway?

Cheers,
Laura

mozman replied the topic: Re: bus Beira - Quelimane

What plug sockets are used depends on how old the hotel or pensao is. The newer hotels such as Hotel Sena Where. I stayed has the Euro sockets.

I usually draw Mt3000 a time at ATM's and if you need to draw more just end the transaction and put your card back in for more money.
Make sure that you inform your bank that you will be using your card in Mozambique as otherwise it may be blocked.

Also be aware that many hotels and restaurants accept cash only.
Mike

LauraElina replied the topic: Re: bus Beira - Quelimane

Thanks again Mike!

I think I better get an adapter as I'll be moving around a bit.

And thanks for all the money advice; I actually was expecting to be able to use mainly cash, so I'm already prepared for that!

Cheers,
Laura

Scroll to top