Crossing and road from Pafuri to Gonarezhou

Lofstedt created the topic: Crossing and road from Pafuri to Gonarezhou

What are conditions like for crossing Pafuri to Gonarezhou 11th May 2019 with off road caravan on my own with regard to water depth and soft sand ?

Regards

Peter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

mozman replied the topic: Crossing and road from Pafuri to Gonarezhou

Hi Peter

I drove across the Limpopo near Pafuri a month ago and it was knee deep and dropping fast. Currently it is very shallow and unless there are heavy rains in the catchment area, by 11 May it will be barely flowing.

So a bigger issue is the thick sand on the floodplain and as you cross the dry river bed. It is essential that you reduce tire pressure of your vehicle and your caravan to 1.5 bar and then reinflate once across.

You will also have to reduce tire pressure for the Nwenezi (Nuanetsi) river crossing about 25km from Pafuri border and the reinflate again.

Have an interesting trip.

Mike

Lofstedt replied the topic: Crossing and road from Pafuri to Gonarezhou

Many thanks for your quick and relevant reply.

Regards

Peter

mozman replied the topic: Crossing and road from Pafuri to Gonarezhou

My pleasure

have a great trip.

Mike

Back from my hectic 4x4 trip through Gonarezhou. Will do this trip again but not from Parfuri ! Limpopo crossing a doddle but from Parfuri to Sango took 6 hours . Military at Sango very intimidating because of my GOPRO on my roof even though I was not recording with a dead battery ! Took passports for a while while the had a group discussion demanding my documentation for photographs . I kept on telling them I had none and kept telling them I didn’t understand! Eventually they capitulated gave my passport back an we move on ! I will think twice about going back to Moz as this was not my first time for their heavy handed intimidation. If they want visitors they better get this right !

PS Gonarezhou is magnificent and we will be back !

Scroll to top