Goba Border Post to Malangane

ockertp replied the topic: Goba Border Post to Malangane

• ockertp

We drove in July from Bela Vista to Goba, then on to Hlane. Road conditions good, the only obstacle was in Swaziland at a foot-and-mouth gate where an official in a white coat tried his luck. Maybe a good idea not to take raw meat via this route, although the official indicated that he was willing to "make a plan". I stuck to my guns and went through with frozen meat without succumbing to the "plan". (still not sure whether the official was official or not, whether meat is allowed through or not). A big sign indicates that no livestock is allowed through.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

mozman replied the topic: Goba Border Post to Malangane

Swaziland has got a reputation for being very stick regarding Vet regulations. Although technically you can take fresh fruit, veg, meat etc 'in tranist' so long as you fill in the forms (hassle), they can confiscate the same either at the border or at one of the foot and mouth checks.

One of the reasons why SA's don't like to travel thru Swazi en-route to Moz.

Mike

javs replied the topic: Goba Border Post to Malangane

• javs
  • javs's Avatar Topic Author

Haven't traveled through Swazi to Moz yet but, our policy has always been, as long as the meat is vacuum packed, it will be accepted in Moz. By mistake however, have gone with just frozen meat (not vacumm packed)in fridges through the border.
Do you think I may have taken a risk in the latter regard?
Johan

mozman replied the topic: Goba Border Post to Malangane

Not sure what the Swazi response will be but no prob into Moz with fresh meat, vacuum packed or not.

Mike

Scroll to top