Thelma and Louise?

Rosaleen created the topic: Thelma and Louise?

• Rosaleen
  • Rosaleen's Avatar Topic Author

Hi there

Heading to Mozambique just after Christmas (around 28th Dec) from Krugar. Planned itineary was to fly from Krugar to Vilcanculos and make our way down towards Maputo (have to fly back to Europe from SA)stopping at all usual suggested spots along the coast (Can't wait!). However, do you think we could chance renting a 4*4 and doing it all by ourselves (two females- late 20's) just wondering whether its safe? We have about two weeks to cover this route.

Also, being Irish we will naturally want to celebrate New Years Eve- any suggestions of where we could base ourselves?

Thanks a mill,any suggestions welcome!

Rosaleen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

mozman replied the topic: Thelma and Louise?

Hi

I have no worries about recommending you do the 4x4 thing. You will need to pick it up in Joburg and drop off in Joburg - no other viable options. I would do the Kruger - Giriyondo - Massingir - Chokwe - Chibuto - Chongoene (10km north of Xai-Xai on the main road) - etc route. Plenty of info on this forum so use the search function. You will not need to carry extra fuel or camping gear if you plan carefully. However a small tent would be highly recommended as you may find all beds already booked.

For New Years there will be good parties in the Tofo/Barra/Inhambane area.

Get booking now and let me know of any problems or sticking points.

Mike

Rosaleen replied the topic: Thelma and Louise?

• Rosaleen
  • Rosaleen's Avatar Topic Author

Thanks a million Mike

We've already booked flights from Joberg to Krugar hadn't thought thorughly about the trip and hiring the jeep. We'll try and locate a rental maybe up around Hazyview area. Sincere thanks though. We'll research the entire fourm and hope to enjoy New Years around one of your recommended areas.

Thanks again
Rosaleen

ps: Am very impressed with this website/ Forum. Fair play to you!

mozman replied the topic: Thelma and Louise?

With regard to renting a 4x4 from Nelspruit/Hazyview I would look up www.krugerparkbackpackers.co.za/intro.html and ask for advice. I see that the following also come recommended: www.ajc4x4sa.co.za/ and www.africa-car-hire.com

Mike

Scroll to top