2 Ladies travelling in Moz

Susanna created the topic: 2 Ladies travelling in Moz

Hello Mike!

We are two well-travelled, 4x4 savvy ladies who would like to travel the coast of Moz to Tanzania. We are confident about the south, but haven't been to the northern parts of Moz. Will it be save? We understand it is always recommended for more than one vehicle to travel in Africa, but we have done various countries on our own and were 100% fine (and had great adventures!). Is it so remote that we will be stuck for days in case of a breakdown?

Thanks for advice!!

Susanna

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

mozman replied the topic: 2 Ladies travelling in Moz

Hi

the north is getting more developed and better travelled but some routes still dry season only. So if your vehicle is good, and you go between May and November, have no accidents (get evacuation insurance), then all should be well.

Let me know your proposed route and dates so I can give more detailed advice.

Mike

Susanna replied the topic: 2 Ladies travelling in Moz

Thanks Mike.
We will be there in July and the route will be Morrungulo, Inchope, Muera, Caia, Namacurra, Malei, into Pebane and Fogo Island, back to Malei, Mocuba, Alto Molocu, Nampula, Namapa, Metore, Pemba, back to Sunate, Macomia into Pangane and back, Chai, Daica, Mueda and then Negomano Bridge.

Night stops: Morrungulo, Gorongoza NP, Caia, Pebane, Nampula, Pemba, Pangane and then into Taz. Are the night stops do-able in terms of distance and time?

Many thanks for your advice, it is much appreciated!!

mozman replied the topic: 2 Ladies travelling in Moz

Hi

good route except that from Pebane I would go through the Reserva do Gile to Gile town then to Alto Ligonha and then to Nampula (Complexo Montes Nairucu).

Your night stops are doable but you will spend most of the daylight hours on the road. I hope that at some stops you will be spending 2 or more nights.

From Pangane to Tanz I assume you will be using the makeshift barge at the mouth of the Rovuma (Namoto / Kilambo)? If yes please use the search function on this forum for Rovuma Ferry, Namoto etc for lots of info, option and advice.

A big trip and I advise good planning or it just may turn out to be a big adventure.

Mike

Scroll to top